Now you might be thinking “webinars seem to be a great deal of work”. You’re right. A webinar is not a task rather a detailed project. But webinars are relatively quite simple once you master the procedure.
Practice makes perfect in anything you do, right?
Furthermore, webinars enable you to gain countless benefits.
You do need to put in the work to make a successful webinar. I didn’t say it’s a quickie project!
Aside from running the webinar itself you still need to develop:
- ➡️ an e-mail marketing campaign
- ➡️ promote/advertise
- ➡️ create presentation slides
- ➡️ a social media campaign and much more
However, the end result of adding webinars to your marketing strategy (when done right) will secure positive rewards such as generating leads, higher conversion, sales, richer email list.
Benefits of Live Webinars
Live webinars are popular in many various industries & are fantastic for entrepreneurs who offer online programmes, courses, memberships, books, services, events…
Being in the coaching consulting industry you can share your expertise with your existing clients and potential leads allowing webinars to become an important marketing funnel for your business.
Running a real-time (live) webinar will allow you to :
- ➡️ reach your audience promptly and enjoy the possibility of converting potential customers/clients quickly (in less time)
- address your attendees' concern which is tied in with your webinar topic
- ➡️ receive feedback, questions, answers that could be included to enrich your webinar presentation. After all, no guessing or making assumptions that your audience probably knows “that”.
- ➡️ showcase your knowledge, skills gain likeness, credibility and increase transparency. Watching you in real time, getting in touch with the strategies you’re offering will drive their emotions and conclusions about you as their go-to person to solve their issue.
- ➡️ develop stronger, deeper relationships with your fans by letting them know about your new business offerings
Drawbacks of Live Webinars
Running an online business is fantastic as you can reach anyone in any corner of the world. However, you can't get to everyone whenever you want to.
Here are some limitations to live webinars:
- ➡️ people have schedules to stick by, live in different time zones and other time issues that might prevent them to attend your specific date and time of your webinar
- ➡️ technical glitches might appear during your live webinar and you just need to stick it out and go with the flow or if it's really drastic end the webinar and reschedule. But all problems have solutions so don't sweat it
- ➡️ uncomfortable circumstances might occur - a curse word might slip out, you might lose your train of thought - but is this really so bad? Just be you, clear up any slips, misunderstanding on the spot (don't cover it up) you're human and so are the people watching you, and move on. It's solvable.
After all that is said about live webinars it's important to know that many prefer to attend live webinars so it's a matter of testing and trying of what works best for your audience and you. Also, there ain't no problem that can't be solved!
Benefits of Automated Webinars
Automated, pre-recorded, rebroadcasted webinars are webinars without an audience but have a huge evergreen marketing effect.
Here are the conveniences of Automated Webinars:
- ➡️ create impeccable webinars ahead of time without getting into any issues with sound, video, internet, technical or speech bloopers
- ➡️ your nerves are sheltered as it's only you present on your webinar to which you can add special effects, transitions, add text, music to the webinar presentation, edit
- ➡️ being an important component of your sales funnel will continue to work for you over and over again, as they will be be on autopilot
- ➡️ can be accessed on specific dates and times (notice the plural) 😄 yet they can access 3, 4, 6 different webinar times (it's your and attendees' choice)
- ➡️ allow you to convert cold traffic to warm traffic in order to learn about you, like and trust you
- ➡️ allow you to stream in your attendees' own time zone which is a great feature when trying to capture a worldwide audience, gaining a greater email list
- ➡️ permits your registrant upon webinar registration and arrival to your thank you page to share incentives (encourage their friends, fans) via social media to attend the specific webinar and in return, the registrant unlocks a free gift while you get more viral traffic and nurture your registrant
- ➡️ have great CTA (Call To Actions) on the webinar itself - endless opportunities, engagement. Live Webinars can also have these CTA's on them of course.
- ➡️ grant you the knowledge of who came to your event, who showed up for the event, who watched, who clicked the buy now button or asked questions bringing you information of their habits and being able to learn more about your ICA - live webinars can also give you this feedback.
Automated webinars allow you to pass on your content, message in a matter you desire (with special effects and all that jazz) and convert to more sales ➕ automated webinars have more engagement than just plain videos. Automated webinars also build the "know, like and trust" even before the webinar even starts
Drawbacks of Automated Webinars
The only disadvantage I can think of is that with automated webinars you lose the opportunity to enrich your webinar by lacking the attendees' interaction, live feedback of excitement, questions, concerns. However, your automated webinar attendees' can still ask and send you questions for you to answer.
You can't do wrong by executing a live or automated webinar.
Going live or automated can only help your business. Just chose and start with one.
Before you go, I do have one tip I'd like to share with you.
With all said if you and your brand are new/unknown to the world of business, you might want to start off doing live webinars first just to throw the "get to know you" out into the world.
Ready to do a webinar?